Veterinary Technician Job Description
Be a part of something new!
Want to join a NEW start-up small animal hHospital? Help form the culture and the back bone of what we believe will be a unicorn practice!
Located in down-town Kennett Square, near breweries, restaurants, parks, rolling farms and close to West Chester, Wilmington, Newark and Philadelphia.
Cypress Veterinary Clinic is looking for a licensed technician, but will absolutely be willing to hire a veterinary assistant with or without experience as long as the desire to be amazing is there.
To be short and sweet here is what CVC is about, we love animals and our families and strive to give every employee time with both. Our 3000 sq ft building is BRAND new (still under construction) and will have 5 exam rooms! We have digital X-ray, Dental X-ray, Central O2, a Cloud based software, complete Idexx In-house Lab suite and more to be added as we grow. We will offer a boarded surgeon, ultrasound and hopefully echocardiograms.
5/9 for training as we plan to open 5/16
30-40 hours per week. NO weekends. NO holidays.
Hourly rate based on experience ($18-25/hr)
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, AFLAC, Education Reimbursement, Maternity Leave after 1 year employment, PTO 80hrs for full time with carry over, Scrub allowance
What we are looking for simply:
A happy, agreeable, dependable and kind team player.
- A CVT or equivalent or experience preferred but willing to train.
- Previous experience or training/education working in a veterinary facility
- Assist the doctor(s) in executing treatment plans for patients, communicate with and educate clients about medical recommendations, treatments, and procedures, maintain function and cleanliness of clinical premises and equipment, oversee anesthetic monitoring and implementation of anesthetic protocols, perform dental radiographs and prophylaxis, and to attend to doctor’s needs during dental and surgical procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Willing to be cross-trained for front office/receptionist duties
- Telephone and computer skills are necessary
- Organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be willing to understand that sometimes we have to stay late or help cover a shift
- Holds or restrains animals during veterinary procedures and examinations
- Cleans and maintains kennels, animal holding areas, examination or operating rooms, or animal loading or unloading facilities to control the spread of disease.
- Fills medication prescriptions.
- Monitors animals during anesthesia and recovery and notifies veterinarian(s) of any unusual changes or symptoms.
- Cleans, maintains, and sterilizes instruments or equipment.
- Examines animals to detect behavioral changes or clinical symptoms that could indicate illness or injury.
- Educates or advises clients on animal health care, nutrition, or behavior problems.
- Administers medications and immunizations to animals as prescribed by veterinarian(s).
- Collects laboratory specimens, such as blood, urine, or feces for testing.
- Is able to place intravenous catheters and perform endotracheal intubation
- Demonstrates an understanding of workplace safety and OSHA guidelines/regulations
- Provides emergency first aid to sick or injured animals.
- Performs routine laboratory tests or diagnostic tests, such as running packed cell volume measurements, preparing ear cytologies, and taking radiographs (both general and intraoral during dental procedures)
- Exercises animals or provides them with companionship.
- Performs office reception duties, such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and helping customers.
- Performs hygiene-related duties, such as clipping animals’ claws, ear cleanings, and anal sac expressions
To apply, please send your resume and information to [email protected].